I am a freelance video maker with private and public sector experience in videoing events, making short films.
I was London 'camera' for One by One films on the
award winning documentary 'Tribute This' which won both "Best Documentary" from the Bare Bones International Film
Festival and the "Independent Spirit Award" from the Miami Underground
Film Festival. Other commissions include one to one working with students with special educational needs, the creation and delivery of bespoke video/film making workshops in schools and promotional items.
I work with the SMART Centre running multi media workshops for 'looked after' children and students with behavioural issues. I am also extremely pleased to work with Raynes Park High School in the Access Centre where I provide one to one instruction to students in film making techniques. The Access Centre was the first specialist school department to receive acreditation from the Autistic Society for its work with children with Autism.
I hold an enhanced CRB and in February 2013 attended 'Safeguarding Children' training at Raynes Park High School. I'm able to design and deliver workshop events which explore the video making process from the inception of ideas through to production of a short film.
While I have made films for a number of years it was in 2006 that I decided to seek employment ‘through the lens'. Prior to making this decision I worked for over 20 years for BT plc (won a BT Quality Award for Project management). My time with BT was followed by 3 years at the London Borough of Merton in the Social Inclusion Team. I bring to the video arena experience and skills in IT, training, project management and social inclusion and eduction.
In order to respect confidentiality school films will not be hosted on this web site but links to schools and community groups can be found below and in some cases these include examples of students work.
- Merton Music Foundataion 'making of the Journey' film.
- Multimedia workshops (film, stop frame animation, garageband) for 'looked after' children and students with behavioural issue at The Smart Centre.
- Lead cameraman for video and performance Artist Sharon McElroy/National Trust commission at the Vyne in Hampshire.
- Raynes Park High School in the Access Centre where I provide one to one instruction to students in film making techniques.
- Filmed 5 school lessons for Merton Children Schools and Families and created teaching best practice for SEN training DVD.
- Weekly film and multi media classes at the SMART Centre
- Weekly film making workshops at Raynes Park High School Access Centre.
- School stage performances filmed for Poplar School and Hollymount School.
- A short film about tranquility
- SMART Centre project with Wimbledon Civic Theatre Trust. Youth Film (Wise Memories) created and shown at the International Youth Arts Festival
- Smiling Knife's Going Dark video - all puppetry, animation, camera, video, editing and direction.
- Short film documenting the Express Yourself Project for the Wimbledon Civic Theatre Trust
- Lead cameraman for video and perfomance Artist Sharon McElroy' s C'mon everybody (long live the king) film.
- Filmed school lessons for Merton Children Schools and Families and created teaching best practice DVD.
- Filmed 'live' art performance by Lucy Freud
- Merton Council's River and Cloth Community Project. Filmed events and created short film published by Merton Council.
- Raynes Park High School One to One Tutoring in the Access Centre (specialist support unit for children with Aspergers and Autism).
- School Plays, Mock Election and School Promotional Film for Raynes Park High School.
- Short film for Young Merton.
- Assignment for Westhill and their client BT Openreach
- 'Ghost' film project with Wimbledon Theatre Youth Services and Melrose School. See video excerpt here.
- With One Voice film project with Merton Music Foundation and Pete Churchill.
- Filmed and edited the video for Billy Franks The Beautiful Game a single seeking to raise money for Prince Harry's charity Sentebale.
- Short films for Raynes Park High School: Mock Elections 22 May 2010, 6th Form Centre and Badly tied ties.
Making and editing sessions for students at the Raynes Park High School
Access Centre (Centre for children with special educational needs).
- Mentored a group of EBD student at Melrose School for a project combining songwriting and video performance. See video excerpt here.
- Raynes Park High School Mock Elections Film Workshops, Dance Arts Mark performances and year 7 welcome film.
- Video diary for Merton Council's River and Cloth Project
- Video shoot and short film production for ITPR.
- Arts Award video shoot for Attic Theatre Company at the Flask Musicals Theatre in Edgware.
- edited short film of Viv Philpot's Artist Residency in Kolkatta.
- Raynes Park High School GCSE day short film, year 7 celebration, House Plays and promotional film.
- West Wimbledon Primary School Year 6 Video Year Book.
- Attic Theatre and the Brixton Refugee Council. Drama Project short film. Followed by presentation/showing at the Charles Cryer Theatre.
- Raynes Park High School One to One Tutoring in the Access Centre (specialist support unit for children with Aspergers and Autism). The First school in the UK to receive accreditation by the Autistic Society
- Attic Theatre and Merton Council's Step Up Project for overseas children arriving in the UK during year 11
- One by one film 'Tribute this' shown on american independant film circuit including footage taken as London cameraman. Best documentary West Hollywood Film Festival. Best documentary Bare Bones Film Festival.
- Raynes Park High School 2007 school plays. Filming and mentoring students from the school film club
- Filming and creation of a DVD for the Hollymount Primary School Christmas Play.
- You can get modern bikes - short film with the fringe/cult poet Reverend 2 Sheds for the New York Bicycle Film Festival.
- Filming of instructional DVD for Walter Lilly and Company, Builders and Civil Engineers.
- Production of 5 music videos for singer songwriter Sean Taylor
- London Borough of Merton. Production of short film documenting the Step Up Project 2007, an alternative education programme for students in year 11.
- London Borough of Merton. Production of film - Use of Display for the Intensifying Support Program.
- London Borough of Merton Extended Schools Conference. Production of short film.
- London Borough of Merton EXtended Schools student film project. Mentoring support and production of 5 minute film.
- One to one animation and video workshops with child with special educational needs for London Borough of Merton Children Schools and Families.
- Provision of weekly afternoon film making workshops to Raynes Park High School, Access Centre pupils.
- Production of short 3 minute promo film for the Re-Play Music Festival.
- Video and DVD production of the Hollymount School Christmas play.
- Video Production Raynes Park High School 2006 House Plays.
- Staff training film made at Raynes Park High School, Access Centre, focusing on working with children with ADHD and Autism.
- Worked with Raynes Park High School (Access Centre) providing one to one tutoring (video making tools and techniques) of students with learning difficulties.
- 'Vox pop' style record of a pensions trustee conference filmed for Newsquest Specialist Media Ltd.
- 50th Anniversary film made for Garfield Primary School in Merton.
- A short film/music promo entitled “ Raynes Park ” which I originally produced in 1997, and updated slightly during 2005, was submitted and accepted for inclusion in a time capsule which was buried in the foundations of the new Raynes Park public library in the London Borough of Merton.
- The Weird World of the Reverend 2 Sheds - short film about a fringe/cult poet.
- Worked at Raynes Park High School to establish a student film club, provide training and guidance to students in video and editing tools and techniques.